100% natural moisturising balm
100% natural moisturising balm
- Rich, oil-based and made with beeswax to lock in moisture.
- Dermatologist approved for sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all ages*, skin types and anywhere on the body.
- Free from synthetic additives, fragrances, parabens or paraffin.
Our award-winning all natural moisturiser was originally created as an emollient for highly sensitive skin. It’s gentle formulation with 100% natural ingredients reduces the risk of skin irritation.
“I've been using this product for just over a week now and the results are fantastic. The eczema is clearing and my skin is getting back to normal.”
Miss Rosalind Pyne
This is an amazing product that can be used all over the body and face. I cannot praise it enough!
You can use our award-winning beeswax-based ointment on any part of your body and face as thickly and often as needed. Its gentle and 100% natural formulation makes it especially suitable for those prone to eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, and other dry, itchy skin conditions.
As with any new skincare product, we always advise you patch test a tiny amount of the oil behind the ear or in the crook of your elbow for at least 24 hours before widespread use. Visit our Patch Test page for a detailed guide.
For a lighter emollient that you can used multiple times throughout the day, try our more easily-absorbed Daily Moisturising Cream.
The ointment can safely be applied to any part of the body as thickly and as often as needed.
If it’s a cold day then the ointment can be quite firm which makes it harder to apply; this is perfectly normal and is just a quality of the natural beeswax we use. You can warm up a small amount of the salve in your hand or fingers before use; that’ll make it much easier to smooth on.
If your skin is really dry and in need of some intensive hydration, it can be really helpful to apply a good thick layer of ointment before bed and leave it on overnight. If you do this, we’d advise wearing old pyjamas as the salve can stain over time.
You can also use the ointment as the emollient in an overnight wet wrap treatment. In a similar way, you can apply the ointment to hands or feet last thing at night and wear under fine cotton/silk socks or gloves overnight to really boost the moisturising effect.
To reduce the risk of infection, use freshly-washed fingers or a spoon to scoop out the ointment and if you are using on infected skin, take care not to spread the salve from an infected area to other areas.
Skin Salvation can be used in conjunction with prescribed emollients and steroid creams.
As the salve is oil-based, please be careful when you’re out in the sunshine! We’d advise that you don’t apply ointment to exposed areas such as the face or lips before going out in strong sunlight as it can burn. Instead, use the salve last thing at night.
When applying moisturisers please remember to treat your precious skin with great care! Apply any emollients in the direction of your hair follicles to reduce the risk of further skin irritation or damage and try not to rub the skin.
The ointment is safe for use on babies (from six weeks) and children. It can be safely used on any area of the body, including your face, hands, scalp and feet.
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area close to the affected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic to herbs, oils or beeswax.
Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
- Olea Europaea (olive) fruit oil*
- Cera Alba (beeswax)
- Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) seed oil*
- Cannabis Sativa (hemp) seed oil*
- Aqua and alcohol (from tinctures)
- Calendula Officinalis (calendula) flower extract**
- Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile) flower extract*
- Stellaria Media (chickweed) extract**
- Urtica Dioica (nettle) extract**
*organic ingredients. **biodynamic ingredients
Our products are hand made using natural ingredients; as such the product may vary in appearance from time to time but this will not affect the quality of the product. Does not contain nuts, soya, coconut, gluten or palm oil.
Recommendations for use
- Suitable for people with eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.
- Keep skin soft, supple and well-hydrated.
- Safe to use anywhere on your body including face, hands, scalp and feet.
- Perfect for tattoo aftercare, soothing sore skin from PPE, rock climbing hands, paw protection for pets and much more.
If it’s your first time using Skin Salvation, we recommend you do a patch test before using the ointment more widely.
- Our Skin Salvation balm includes beeswax and safflower oil to provide intensive hydration for dry and sore skin.
- Apply anywhere on the body as thickly as required. But avoid applying to exposed skin such as the face, if you’re in direct sunlight.
- A great method is to use Skin Salvation before bed, letting the emollient moisturise and nourish your skin overnight.
For a lighter, more easily absorbed moisturiser, try our shea butter-based Daily Moisturising Cream, either instead of, or in conjunction with Skin Salvation.
* From 6 weeks up
Our money back guarantee.
All our products have a 60 day money back guarantee, so if you are not completely happy with the results we will refund you.
Pure, minimally-processed and local, beeswax makes a fantastic waterproof and antimicrobial barrier to protect damaged skin and lock in moisture