Cooling Cream 100ml
A rich and soothing moisturising lotion
Cooling Cream 100ml
A rich and soothing moisturising lotion
- A rich and soothing moisturising lotion.
- Cool down hot or flushed skin and reduce redness and heat.
- Formulated with cool menthol, soothing aloe vera juice and calming lavender.
- Suitable for all ages* and skin types.
We combine cold-pressed, organic olive and hemp oils (which provide natural nourishment for sore, dry or itchy skin) with organic shea butter. As well as our special blend of biodynamic herbal tinctures - calendula, chamomile, nettle & chickweed - to make a beautifully soft, easily-absorbed cream.
"In the summer I use this before bed on my feet to keep them cool in the night; it’s my way to ensure a full night’s sleep."
"I have red cheeks in the morning and applying this cooling cream after my face wash has been lovely. The cream is thick and rich and a little goes a very long way. After a week I noticed the redness reduced massively. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin or rosacea."
This lighter moisturising lotion made with aloe vera and menthol was originally formulated to calm and cool hot, flushed skin. A soft, soothing cream easily absorbed by thirsty skin; this lotion is naturally scented with luscious lavender essential oils.
As with any new skincare product, we always advise you patch test a tiny amount of the oil behind the ear or in the crook of your elbow for at least 24 hours before widespread use. Visit our Patch Test page for a detailed guide.
For a more intensive emollient, especially if skin is broken or scratched raw from itching, we’d suggest you use our beeswax-based Skin Salvation after our Cooling Cream.
Use as much and as often as you want on unbroken skin, particularly on hot, reddened or flushed areas.
For an intensive emollient cream, especially if skin is broken or scratched raw from itching, we’d suggest you use our beeswax-based Intensive Moisturising Ointment.
Skin Salvation Cooling Cream is safe for use on babies (from six weeks) and children. It can be safely used on any area of the body, including your face, hands and feet.
Keep cool. For external use only.
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area close to the affected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic even to the very gentle ingredients we use in this product.
Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
- Aqua (water)
- Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) butter*
- Cannabis Sativa (hemp) seed oil*
- Olea Europaea (olive) fruit oil*
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Cetearyl Olivate
- Sorbitan Olivate
- Alcohol (from tinctures)
- Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice powder
- Calendula Officinalis (calendula) flower extract**
- Stellaria Media (chickweed) extract**
- Chamomilla Recutita (chamomile) flower extract*
- Urtica Dioica (nettle) extract**
- Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) flower oil*
- Glyceryl Caprylate
- Xanthan Gum
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol (from essential oils)
Our products are handmade using natural ingredients; as such the product may vary in appearance from time to time but this will not affect the quality of the product.
Does not contain nuts, soya, gluten, dairy-derivatives or lanolin.
Our Skin Salvation Range is entirely free from synthetic perfumes and colours, petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES, PEGs, methylisothiazolinone (MI) and methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI).
Recommendations for use
- Naturally unfragranced so it has a lovely mild, herbal scent from all the botanical ingredients.
- Packaged in a convenient tube so you can pop it in a bag and have it to hand all day.
- Ideal as a calming after-sun cream, as well as for general cooling of overly hot skin.
Our Cooling Cream is cruelty-free and suitable for vegans. It’s also totally free from parabens, petrochemicals or perfumes, which makes it perfect for dry skin and is also suitable for people who may be prone to dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and dry, sore, itchy skin conditions.
- Aloe Vera has traditionally been used for its anti-inflammatory, soothing, restorative and regenerative properties.
- Menthol creates a pleasant, cooling sensation on the skin and is also a mild analgesic so can reduce the soreness of hot, itchy skin.
- Lavender essential oil has been shown in clinical trials to have antimicrobial and analgesic properties which can help support the healing of burns.
For a general all-purpose moisturising lotion that's still light and easily absorbed, try our Daily Moisturising Cream.
* From 6 weeks up
Our money back guarantee.
All our products have a 60 day money back guarantee, so if you are not completely happy with the results we will refund you.
Also known as marigold and famed for its intense golden-orange flowers, calendula is grown for us in the UK and used for its natural anti-inflammatory, regenerative properties
Grown for us in the UK and traditionally used as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory to soothe itchiness, chickweed is also rich in gamma-linoleic acid and other essential nutrients that the skin needs to repair and regenerate
Produced by a women’s collective in Burkina Faso and known there as 'women's gold', shea butter is a wonderful natural moisturiser that softens, hydrates and feeds the skin
A highly nutritious skin food, rich in EFAs and brilliant at improving the skin’s ability to retain moisture and keep cell membranes flexible
Packed full of potent antioxidants, essential fatty acids (EFAs) and vitamins to help maintain healthy, nourished skin
Astringent and stimulation, unusually rich in vitamins and nutrients, nettle is said to reduce the heat and itch associated with eczema
Has been shown in clinical trials to have antimicrobial and analgesic properties which can help support the healing of skin and is also famed for its soothing, calming and balancing properties
Sweetly smelling and notoriously calming, Roman Chamomile has traditionally been used to soothe inflamed and reddened skin
Traditionally been used on skin for its moisturising, anti-inflammatory, soothing, restorative and regenerative properties
Creates a pleasant, cooling sensation on the skin and is also a mild analgesic so can reduce the soreness of hot itchy skin